Sunday, July 19, 2015

Travel and Explore


Sometimes things just work out perfectly.    Our mail usually doesn't arrive till around 5:00 pm and yesterday I got some papers I had ordered,  so I just left them sitting out on my desk and didn't put them away.   This morning I was up early to get some scrapping done because I have a lot going on this afternoon.   I looked for a new challenge and went right to "LASTING MEMORIES" to see what todays challenge was.    Perfect timing, todays challenge is a color challenge, and guess what, just the perfect colors of the papers I got yesterday and were sitting right on my desk.    So I went right to work on another vacation layout.     The only color I added was some black for the matting.   I did my matting a little different this time, instead of matting each separate picture of piece of patterned paper.
I put everything together first, pictures on the gold card stock, then I glued that to the first piece of patterned paper and then onto the other piece of dotted aqua patterned paper.   then I just laid the whole thing onto a piece of black card stock and just matted around the outside borders of the piece together.

So check out the details at "LASTING MEMORIES" and see if something comes right to mind and works out for you too with this color challenge.    It is a beautiful color palette.


6 comments:

  1. Talk about serendipity! Your papers are both gorgeous and so well match dot the colour mood board! Love it!! Great take on the challenge and thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout, Barbara! How lucky that the perfect papers arrived just in the nick of time - and they are perfect! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those papers you got are perfect for the challenge and I love them. Especially the swirly one. Thanks for creating with us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky to have those perfect papers! The palette is always what takes me the most time.... Gorgeous layout and love the way you have matted! Thanks for joining us at Lasting memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is one cool layout :) I love the explore theme of it. Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories
    Tina
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete