Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Happy Holidays card



I'm in a yahoo group and we are doing Christmas in July and making 31 cards over the month with different daily prompts.   Today I worked with the Christmas Tree prompt and made this card.

I'm entering it in two challenges.

"SHOPPING OUR STASH"  - Challenge #209 is Gingham Style, they wanted to see gingham or anything with squares or checks.   I went thru all my pieces of 6x6 paper and all the 6x6 stacks I seem to collect and I chose this background paper to use and then decided to make a square card too.

Next the "CLEAR IT OUT CHALLENGE" - its an anything goes challenge using our stash.
I've had the background paper for awhile now,  the image I got in a swap probably 4 years ago and I just cut down the paper it was on and double matted it, inked the edges and colored the tree and added some glitter dots to it.   Then I used some rub-ons I've had for 3 years for my sentiment.

"SHOPPING OUR STASH"   check it out, you still have 6 days to enter

"CLEAR IT OUT CHALLENGE"   check this out & you also have 6 days left to enter.

2 comments:

  1. Great use of the paper for a Christmas card! Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week for our "Gingham Style" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, thank you for joining us over on the Clear It Out Challenge blog this week. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete