Monday, July 6, 2015

July 4



I went to work on this layout last night.   Pictures taken from the day before while visiting family in St. Louis.    We had a family July 4th BBQ with chicken and corn on the cob and salads and this great cake that Nikki made.  

I used the "Grand Divs'a Creative Corner" sketch as my starting point for the layout.   I loved this sketch and chance to put different patterned papers together.  
Then combined it with the color challenge at "Creating with Paper & More"  I have the red, dark blue, in all my patterned papers,  the  tan  is in my tag on the layout and the pale blue is in my brads I used (there are 6 of them).
Also for the trifecta I played along with the tic-tac-toe challenge at "Through the Eyes of Rochelle Spears" blog  I used the middle vertical row of Brads, Stars, & Stripes.  The stars and the stripes are in my paper choses and then I used 7 brads, the star brad on my tag and then 6 other pale blue brads, one in center of pics, 4 around the journal strips and one by title. So this layout will cover all the Rochelle Spears and Scrappy Friends challenges.

Then I'm also going to enter my layout at "Frosted Designs"  their Friday challenge was Red, White & Blue with a twist.   The twist is something old and new.   My old is all my papers.  I have had them all for well over 3 years.  The new is the tan tag at top of layout that I made for a swap I'm in in July and also used a new technique for me, which I've only done recently before.  I inked the edges of the 12x12 background paper.  I like this for card stock background papers or patterned papers without a lot of color in them.


Here is where you can go to see the details on all 4 challenges

"Through the Eyes of ROCHELLE SPEARS"

"GRAND DIVA'S CREATIVE CORNER"

"CREATING WITH PAPER & MORE"

"FROSTED DESIGNS"







7 comments:

  1. So festive and fun! Fantastic take on all 3 challenges! Thanks for playing along with the Scrappy Friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous patriotic page. LOVE how you rounded the strips!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic and festive LO design. Love the details, colors and pictures. Love it! Thanks for playing along with us on Frosted Designs Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful take on all three challenges! Thank you so much for playing along with the July Scrappy friends Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful page. Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic layout! Great job on combining the challenges and the cake looks yummy!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrappy Friends! :)

    ReplyDelete