Thursday, July 16, 2015

Olbrich Botanical Gardens


This is my first double page layout from  our vacation.   I'm sure I'm going to be making more double layouts as I have a lot of pictures from different stops along our route.   These pictures are from the Olbrich Botanical Gardens in Madison, WI.   I love visiting gardens anywhere and this one was exceptional beautiful.    The weather was perfect so was very comfortable walking all over the place.   I'll be doing another double page of the flower pictures I took there too    I didn't have any double page sketches for new challenges to work from so I just printed the pictures I wanted to use and then started looking for papers and deciding how to lay them out.   Even though I didn't have a sketch challenge, I do have a challenge to enter my layout in.    "LASTING MEMORIES" challenge #249 is to make a double page layout.    The July theme there is "Together" so this would be to put together two pages for your layout.

I found some pretty neutral papers to use for my background papers, because I knew I wanted to use this bold floral print.   I cut the small scallop circle with my circut using the Elegant Edges cartridge.
I cut it at 11" size and then cut in half so it was on both pages.  I had enough from the cut in the middle of my 12x12 paper to have a strip to cut and use as a border on the ends of the papers.  Then I had this green patterned paper and but two banners to go across the center and then started adding my pictures.    Added my title,  Did some journaling on one of the banners and then added 3 flowers with gem brad centers and I had my layout.

To check out the details for this challenge go to "LASTING MEMORIES"

5 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Love how you combined the floral paper with the small print background!! Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect combo of floral print, background and pictures. I just love it. Thanks for creating with us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the floral background in the middle, so perfect with your pics and theme. Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, definitely found the perfect papers for this one!! Thanks for playing along at LAsting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout and that burst of flowers in the center really sets off the tone of the layout. Super cute page ) Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories
    Tina
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete