Wednesday, July 1, 2015

My Buddy


I tried to keep this simple and just pull the colors from the background patterned paper and let the colors be the key and one one simple picture to go with it that shows what the title and the words in the background paper talk about.   But then I found this cute dog shaker in my stash I had saved from a swap so had to add that as my main embellishment, so I added a few wood veneer pieces to go with the brown colors of the shaker.

For this layout I used the June sketch at "My Creative Sketches"   When I first saw the sketch I thought I might do tow pictures or possibly even three but I started working with this single picture and really glad I stayed with just the one.  I love to mat things so I double matted the picture and the other color rectangles.  I was going to double mat my strips at the top and didn't realize I hadn't till I had it all glued down and put the wood hearts on them.  Oh well, all good.

You still have over a week to enter so check out all the details at   "MY CREATIVE SKETCHES"


No comments:

Post a Comment