Wednesday, July 30, 2014

It made me think of you card


This has been a card making month for me.   I was in a Christmas in July challenge on my yahoo group so most cards have been Christmas cards.   So this card was fun making as not Christmas and  I'm going to get to  enter into 2 challenges.   First I went with the Inspiration Challenge #191 at Hand Stamped Sentiments.   I went with using the colors of a teal blue that was in the 3 photos of the inspiration.  With my banner and its matting and then center pearl and the coloring on the flowers.
Check out the challenge HERE.

Then the 2nd challenge I'll be entering this card in is the one at Shopping Our Stash.
Challenge #162 is called Triple Threat and from the list of  ribbon, flowers, lace, pearls, sprays/mists, punched elements, die cut elements, rhinestones, doilies, dry embossing or scoring .  You had to use at least three items from the list or use three of one type of embellishment.    I chose 3 items, a doily, a stamped flower and 3 pearls on my banner.   Read more info on the challenge   HERE.

6 comments:

  1. Great card Barbara! I love the doily under the pennant! Thanks for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH for the "Triple Threat" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, and that sentiment is one that I say so often. I love the use of the soft blue from the inspiration photo! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty card and a great use of items from the list! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! I love all of the shades of blue you pulled from the inspiration photos...nicely done! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete