Saturday, July 26, 2014

Christmas in July ---- 3 in one


I was on vacation last week so I had a lot of challenge sketches to go thru yesterday when I got home and I really liked this one I found at "Nacho Average Challenges"   I don't know that I've ever used a triangle on a card before plus I rarely think to add ribbon to a card but here it is.    I'm also in a Christmas in July card challenge on a yahoo group and one of the prompts was to use ribbon so this sketch worked fantastic for this prompt too.     Here is the sketch I used below and check out all the details of the challenge  HERE.

Also this week at "Craft Your Passions Challenges" challenge #223 is Christmas in July so I will b entering this card there also.    Read all about this challenge   HERE.    Kind of double duty, my passion is scrapping and tied for my biggest passion is Christmas.

I get to enter this card in one more challenge.    "Pause Dream Enjoy" challenge #15 is to use 3 or more patterned papers.    I tried to coordinate my papers with holly on everything and I found 3 different patterns to use.   The back ground paper which was all greens with  little gold, then my triangle with beiges and the green and red of holly and then red background paper with green holly leaf that I matted my sentiment in.    Check out the challenge  HERE.



12 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Barbara! I like that base paper, so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and I like the papers you used.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the sketch. Thank you for Linking Up at PDE Linky Party.
    ~Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card Barbara, never thought to add a triangle to a card before but it gives the card a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card Barbara, never thought to add a triangle to a card before but it gives the card a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great card.Your take on the sketch works so well and I love your paper choices.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the gold tones on your paper. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges, hope you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The designer papers work so well together! Love how you used our sketch! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! Love the mix and match papers and how well they go together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card. I always have a hard combining patterned papers and you did such a beautiful job of it! Great use of the challenges. Thanks for joint us and hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful creation! The papers you chose are so pretty! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at PDE 3 or More Pattern Papers Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (PDE DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete