Sunday, July 27, 2014

Favorite Quote Card


Another great card sketch #30 at "Sketch-n-Scrap" was used here for this all occasion card.    I love big flowers and haven't used any lately.   I usually have them on my layout but looking at this sketch I immediately thought of using a large flower and knew the quote I wanted to use too.    This is my go to stamp it seems on all occasion cards.   There is still time to enter the 2 card challenges and the 2 layout challenges for July at Sketch-n-Scrap so check out the details for this card challenge   HERE and you can also see the sketch below.    So many ways to go with it.    I had the light green striped paper in my scrap drawer and cut it for the card and inked the edges in orange to go with the flower.
I had a strip of the paper left so decided to stamp my quote on it too.   At first I tried it with orange ink but just didn't look right so luckily I had enough of the paper scrap to stamp another time in black and then I just inked the edges again in orange.   My flower center is attached to the card with a brad so I just used pop dots to put the quote sentiment on top of the flower.


8 comments:

  1. How creative! LOVE LOVE LOVE the big flower, I've got to try that! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card with a very nice orange flower!!!
    Thanks to joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindo cartão! Parabéns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous quote Barbara (I have added to my quote list to use later!) the flower looks awesome and gives a great focal point. Thanks so much for being a wonderful SNS fan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That large flower is perfect! Love the card, thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful card!!

    Thanks for joining us at SNS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the simplicity of this card! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete