Wednesday, July 9, 2014

How I Started Scrapbooking

This layout came together in an odd fashion.     I had to write a bio for myself and I can never remember exactly what year I started scrapping but I knew it was while I had a broken ankle.   So I went thru my picture albums on my computer to find these pictures and get the dates.     So while looking at the pictures I decided these would be perfect for a challenge for the yahoo group I'm in to do a lot of a handwritten journaling to tell a story.    Then yesterday I saw the sketch at "Let's Capture Our Memories" #79 and thought it would work great to use a lot of pictures, room for a large title and also a space for a lot of journaling.    Viola my layout is made and a fun story is told.
You can see the sketch below and check out all the details about the challenge by clicking  HERE>



5 comments:

  1. What a fun layout! Pictures look like that was painful but neat to hear how you started scrapping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great LO. You have done well with the challenge and what a great way to tell how you started scraping. The challenge was just right for all those pics, I must say it looked very painful. Well done on the challenge and good luck. Thanks for joining in at Let's Capture Our Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO idea and loving your take on the sketch:-) Not a pleasant experience but glad it lead you to scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, it's all about telling it like it is! Congrats on getting this story on paper! Not typical, but just as important!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Let's Capture Our Memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you put your story on page. This is beautiful! Love the journaling and the placement of yellow paper with flower element. Thanks for playing along at LCOM!

    ReplyDelete