Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Wilmore Lodge


I had driven by the Wilmore Lodge at the Lake of the Ozarks many time and I also knew it was a museum but I never had stopped and gone inside.    It was really very interesting.  It was completed in 1930 and used for the executives of Union Electric that came to the lake to check on the building of Bagnell Dam.     One of the great things I looked at there was a binder full of invoices for supplies they bought for the lodge and for the workers at the dam and all the prices then.   That is what my 2nd picture in 3 little parts is.   Dozen eggs were .36 cents,  Melrose Bacon .25 cents a pound, 100 White Owl Cigars for $5.60,  a case if Coke-Cola (24 bottles) was 40 cents a case but the deposit on the bottles was $1.00 a case.  A case of Busch Beer (24 Cans) was $1.50 a case and then a $1.00 case deposit.  200 lb of onions was $2.75,  200 lbs of cabbage was $1.85, carrots were 3 1/2 cents per lb, and brussels sprouts .23 cents a pound.     I could go on and on and wish I had taken pictures of more pages, it was so interesting, at least to me.

Anyway I used Sketch # 82 at "Sketch N Scrap"   for this layout.   I even used some washi tape on the layout which I rarely use.    Check out all the details   HERE   and  see the sketch below.



6 comments:

  1. That is very interesting! I love fun facts like that and I adore going to museums of all kinds! Great job with the sketch, love how you used the washi! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes smaller museums can be the more interesting as they focus on the day to day things that we can relate too - like the price of eggs! Great layout to share your memories of the trip. Thanks for sharing your wonderful page with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story to scrapbook :). Love your layout and photos!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout and love the facts! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layout and all of the info on it! Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  6. great layout! thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap this month!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete