Monday, June 15, 2015

Arches National Park at Moab, UT


I have to admit this latest sketch at "Let's Scrap" had me putting my thinking cap on.    If you know my work at all you know I like to follow sketches pretty close so I just could not think what to do with the center "picture" since if following exactly to sketch it needed to be divided to two pages.

I always pick up memorabilia when we make stops on vacation of places we visit but I rarely get to use it when following a sketch so I was thrilled when I found this map of the Arches National Park in my goodies I had picked up I knew it would be perfect to use with the sketch.   I just matted it with 3 colors and it was a go.  I also matted the pictures  3 times each,  all the mats were in different order on all 3 pics.

I used the Pink Paislee - Prairie Hill collection for this layout.   I thought the colors were perfect.

So don't be as hesitant or scared as I was and get to work on this great sketch at "Let's Sketch".
I know you will find the perfect way to work with it.     Just go  HERE  to see all the details and to also see what the rest of the Design Team came up with.   There are many different inspirations to see.


5 comments:

  1. Love the map you added. This definitely makes me miss Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! LOVE how you used this collection and the way you pieced/place the papers is amazing!!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did great with the sketch I love that you chose to do a mosaic style for the picture on the right hand side :) The map addition is a great idea for that spot of the layout too :) Well played :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a challenge when it comes to sketches huh?!! I thought that way too when I first saw it and then it always seems to come together! Love the way you filled the large photo space :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too was challenged by this sketch. I love how you cut up the pic on the right. The papers are absolutely perfect for you pics and love that you added the map etc. Great layout~

    ReplyDelete