Monday, May 16, 2016

Roses 2016



I think this is the best year ever for the first bloom or our roses.    They were just so full of buds.
We did have 2 days of heavy rains before I got these pictures taken so some blossoms had been knocked off but still so very pretty to go out and look at.

I used the sketch #104  at  "SKETCH-N-SCRAP"  to make this layout.    I was torn on what papers to use but I had the Fancy Pants Meology collection sitting on my desk from an earlier layout and decided to just use papers from the collection and make them work.    This way instead of picking flowery patterns for the papers I just stuck with flowers on the pictures.

Here is the sketch and just clink on  "SKETCH-N-SCRAP"  and see all the great sketches and challenges they have for May.


7 comments:

  1. Your roses are lovely and I love the papers you picked, they really showcase your lovely photos! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful roses and such a pretty way to showcase the pretty pictures :) I enjoy your interpretation of the sketch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful roses! Love the papers you chose. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love this page! The red striped borders really make it pop! Thanks for playing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! I love the paper you used! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your roses are beautiful! Nice job on the sketch and using those papers. They really help the flowers stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your mix of pp's.

    ReplyDelete