Sunday, May 29, 2016

STORMS


I said I would be back with another layout using the May "MY CREATIVE SKETCHES" layout  using the sketch.    This is layout #3.     When I'm using sketches I always stay pretty close to just 
what the sketch looks like and I did on this one too.     I have used 3 different border punches on a
3 layouts so they have gotten a work out.     The cloud sticker I used was white but i just rubbed
 some black ink on it to make it look like a storm cloud and I was pleased with how it turned out.

For this layout the papers I used were from the Cosmo Cricket - Wanted collection.   I saw that I
got it at Hobby Lobby, but I have no idea why because its mostly a cowboy collection, but it must
have been one of the times they had collections on sale for at least 50% off or I doubt I would
have bought it.    But I have to say the dark colors did work well for me for these storm pictures.

My journaling is all about the storms we were having every day for a week.  These were actually taken after we got home from an early dinner and we were driving home hearing all the neighborhood
tornado sirens going off.   About 5 minutes after I took these pictures the skies opened up and it
poured and continued all night long.    There was even a brief touchdown (with no damage) just 10
miles away.    So the warnings were true that tornadoes were in the area.

Check out the sketch here at "MY CREATIVE CREATIONS" and all the details to the challenge.


3 comments:

  1. This is a great layout and pictures! I love the colorful raindrops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous LO. Idk if you can tell but I'm catching up on my Bloglovin emails. So if you see me commenting on a bunch of old ones that's why. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work using the sketch. Thank you for playing along with My Creative Sketches!

    ReplyDelete