Friday, May 20, 2016

Anchors Aweigh


I thought I had lost the pictures from this trip and found them yesterday.   This was a trip we took in 2007.   Arthur loves boats and had one when he lived in Florida and had talked about taking one out again on a vacation.   So he and I and Dad and Bruce drove to Florida and leased this awesome Grand Banks boat for 5 nights.  
I had made about five layouts from the trip but no more and then I couldn't find the pictures again.
So now that I know where they are I get to finish all the layouts I want from this trip.

For this layout I used the Make It Monday Sketch #60 at  "THE MEMORY NEST"    I kept it really clean and simple.    The cross line of color strips is actually the on this wood wash background paper, so one complete piece of paper.   I cut another strip of stripes from another piece from this collection.
Carta Bella - Beach Day and used an exacto knife to cut two lines on the background paper and then wove the cut piece under it.    If that makes sense at all.   :)

Check out all the details for this sketch and the others this month at   "THE MEMORY NEST"


4 comments:

  1. Got you with the woven strip and the stripes do have a really nautical feel. Thanks for using the sketch from The Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you were savvy with the paper cutting! I love the stripes- and the title is awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at The Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice page Barbara--I just love the title on this page! thanks once again for always joining in at THE MEMORY NEST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page! love the big banner and that title piece!! Thanks for playing along with tMN!!

    ReplyDelete