Sunday, May 29, 2016

Be You !


I was clueless when I saw this latest prompt at "LASTING MEMORIES"  but I have to admit
it was fun to research some and find out the meaning of my name.
Barbara is from the Greek barbarous and means foreign or strange traveler from a foreign land.
Well I might be a little strange.  :)   But I don't come from any foreign land, just born and raised and lived practically my entire life in Missouri.     But perhaps if you have always lived on one of the coasts you might think of someone from the heartland to be from a foreign land.

To make my layout I took off on the take of travel and found this layout of me on the ferry ride in NYC.   This was my first time in NYC and I finally got to see the Statue of Liberty.

I'be been lucky enough to do a lot of traveling around the USA and also some overseas trip so I thought this background paper I found was perfect for this layout.    I chose a wood veneer word,
BE YOU as my title, because that is what I always say about myself,  I'm just me.

I added the print out of the meaning of my name,   some of my own journaling and also for embellishments   a wood veneer plane and boat, to represent trips by air and sea.

Check out the challenge here at  "LASTING MEMORIES"   I am sure once you get started on it
you will be like me and really enjoy what you find out and how you can make it into a layout all about you.   Even though its the end of May this is actually the first June challenge so you have a month to enter.

2 comments:

  1. I've always liked the sentiment be you everyone is taken. That's what this reminds me of. I love the Statue of Liberty perfectly positioned in the background. Great LO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the direction you went with your layout to reflect the meaning of your name.

    ReplyDelete