Friday, June 13, 2014

Quiet Time with Jacko


I almost didn't complete the requirements for the challenge at Scrap Our Stash.   I was so concentrating on the monochromatic that I totally forgot that I had to add 5 different store bought stash items.    I already had 2 the flower and the yellow brad button center of it but not 3 more.
So I added yellow bling around the upper left corner,  yellow twine across the layout under the picture.   Then when looking for  something else I saw this baggie of this multi colored foam letter hearts and pulled out all the yellow ones to see if I could come up with a word to use and "cute" it was.   This was a fun layout to make.   My two favorite colors are either yellow or green and I haven't scrapped totally with yellow in ages and ages.    I also got to used up a lot of little scraps.   i just opened my scrap drawer of patterned paper and started pulling out all that was yellow and came up with quite a variety of prints and papers.   I also used Tim Holtz Mustard Seed distress ink to ink all the edges of the papers and made them stand out a bit more.    Check out this fun challenge   HERE
you still have till June 29th to enter.

8 comments:

  1. LOVE this layout! The yellow is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yellow! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job using yellow, I love it! I also love the fact you got to use your scraps. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the challenge and wonderful layout! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the monochromatic layout. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design! Yellow is my favorite too! Thanks for playing along with SOS!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love yellow too but rarely use it in scrapping:). Sweet layout and one can never go wrong adding bling ! Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty page, love the yellow! thanks for playing along at boys rule!

    ReplyDelete