Saturday, June 21, 2014

I DO


I had to jump right into the newest sketch at Stuck on U Sketches.   Here is the sketch below.
And also just click   HERE  to check out all the info on the challenge.


It just shouted wedding layout and bling to me.   Both of which I have plenty to work with.
I combined a lot of elements,  gold, silver and copper accent papers,   gold and pearl bling swirls and flowers and hearts,   some light inking around the circle to let it stand out a bit from the background paper and then I used a gold pen to do some faux stitching on the inside and outside of the circle edge.   Then all around the edges I used two different kinds of ribbon, some shiny gold threaded ribbon at top and left and right edge of the layout and then I had some speciality wedding ribbon that I hadn't used on anything yet so it is my top and bottom border of the layout.

By using all of the ribbon on my layout I get to also enter this layout at Red Carpet Studio, challenge #72 Hairspray was to use ribbon in some way on your project.   So I have 2 different ribbons here outlining my wedding layout.    Check out this challenge     HERE.

The challenge running now at The Sisterhood of Crafters is anything wedding themed I have lots of layouts I've been doing this month.     You can enter up to 3 entries so I am entering this layout made today for my 2nd entry.    If you have been following my blog, you know I'm all about wedding layouts lately and this one is another one of my favorites.    Check out all the info  HERE.
If you love anything about weddings, cards, projects anything this is the challenge for you.


11 comments:

  1. Wowzers! What a beautiful layout Barbara! Wonderful take on the sketch....love that circular photo and all the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page. Thanks for playing at RCS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Barbara, fab layout, love what you did with the sketch, Caroleanne from SOUS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous layout Barb and thanks for the wonderful shout out for our challenge blog ... we appreciate it!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘WEDDING’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely page Barbara! Loving all the bling and the choice of papers - sooo pretty. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank for playing good luck. Your layout its so cool wow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work with the bling. totally complementing the theme. Thanks for joining us at SOUS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to everyone for all the fantastic comments. I'm addicted to scrapping and love sharing my layouts and reading the comments makes it so special

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, beautiful clean layout and super pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool, very bright! Eyecatching. Love the shining effect - it still looks elegant despite of lots of bling. Stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your layout is lovely ad so romantic! Very good job with the sketch.
    See you soon here, at SOUS.

    ReplyDelete