Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Proud Parents

I've been holding these pictures of the Mothers of the happy couple coming down the aisle as just wasn't sure how I was going to make the layouts, it seems from family I got more picture of me than of Sharon, so didn't want to overdo it with a layout of me.    Then this morning when I got up and checked out my new Tuesday blog posts I saw this double page sketch at  "Stick It Down"  and I knew I could make this work.   I just looked thru my stack of wedding pictures.  I knew I had this great pic of Clarence and Sharon (Jason's parents) sitting at the ceremony so looked to see what I could find of Don and I and decided to just combine them all and have a double spread of the "Proud Parents"     I used such a variety of papers and collections of papers, that was the hardest thing to do.
I have papers from 2 different DCWV collections, paper from a Tim Holtz collection.   Some Martha Steward Border paper, card stock and even a little of scraps from my scrap drawer.
Picture coloring is a bit off, but the hearts are all silver even though they might look a bit gold.

Check out this great challenge   HERE,   it was just announced today so plenty of time to join in.
Plus just take a glance at the sketch below.


8 comments:

  1. Wow, you are quick Barbara!! You did a great job with the sketch! Your spread looks awesome!! Thanks for playing along at SID!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey, I am a very fast scrapper and when I see a sketch I like I just do and don't overplay it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are fast and such a pretty LO. Thanks for playing along at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the layout love your rendition of the sketch and yes this did work out really well for those pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty layout! LOVE the pictures and your product choice! Hope you will stop by and share your Craftiness with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch! Thanks fro playing along with us at SID!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies, I'll most likely use this sketch again, it is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Barbara! Thank you once again for sharing with us at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete