Friday, June 13, 2014

1975


I was going to post this picture on my Facebook page yesterday for Throwback Thursday but my computer was down all day so that didn't happen.    But I'm glad I pulled the picture out and went ahead and made this layout.   It's been awhile since I scrapped an old picture so this was fun.
I used the sketch from last Friday at My Scraps and More.   I have an excess amount of yellow card stock so I decided to start with that and go from there.   Everything else I pulled out of my scrap drawer of patterned paper.    I really like that I matted all the papers in black, I think it makes the papers pop.    Just click  HERE  to see the challenge.

10 comments:

  1. Great page, the newsprint is perfect for an older photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black matting! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright background! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch. Love the black accents. Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the black matting! Looks great! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love how the colors pop with the black!!!! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for you comments and looking at my layout. It was fun to scrap an old picture for a change. and the sketch was great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the black matting makes everything pop! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page and the black matting is perfect! Thank you for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page, and you are right, the black matting makes the papers pop! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps and More!

    ReplyDelete