Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Halloween Fun



I've made many layouts over the years of the grandkids and also pulled out old pictures of my kids to scrap but sure didn't think I would ever have picture of me and the hubby to scrap.

There was a neighborhood party this Halloween that we went to and had costumes for.   He was obviously a prisoner and I was a spider web.   Fun Times.

I used sketch #49 from  "THE MEMORY NEST"   to make this layout and it was perfect for my two pictures.    I used the background spider paper because of my costume.   The I just went with scraps of black and orange papers.   For a little more splash of orange I just got out my watercolors and did a little messy painting on the background.   This is a technique I rarely use.  Like maybe twice before this but it was fun to do.

Check out the sketch below and go to  "THE MEMORY NEST"  to get all the details and see the design team inspiration.

My color choices of the paint and the matting and other patterned papers came from the challenge
at "PAPER ISSUES FRIENDS & FANS" Facebook online crop this last weekend.   One of the challenges was to make a project using the color orange and also extra points for being messy.
So that is why I used the orange watercolor paint on the background spider paper.


4 comments:

  1. Super cute layout Barbara :) What fun pictures to play with too :) I like your rendition of the sketch and the papers are perfect for the fun playful layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect background paper for your Halloween themed page and how lovely to have yourself and hubby starring on a page. Thanks for playing at The Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara - this is one of my favorite creations by you!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this page, how you used the sketch and those fabulous papers!! Thank you for playing along with tMN!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I'm not a big fan of spiders.... Your paper selections for this SUPER CUTE Layout are PERFECT! Love the photos, and your cool painting too! Great job on tMN sketch challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at tMN Blog!!

    ReplyDelete