Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Siblings



I skipped a day of scrapping yesterday which is unusual for me, but I did spend some time checking out a lot of the new challenges announced for the first of September and was ready to go today.
With this layout I am going to enter 3 challenges.      The first one is the sketch challenge at #129
at "Sketches In Thyme"   they had gone a short blog break so I was so glad to see them back because they always have great challenges.   You can see the sketch below and check out all the details  HERE.   Also check out the Grand Re-Opening blog hop going on too.


The 2nd challenge is the Aug 31st Tic-Tac-Toe challenge at "The Studio Challenges"   You can see the board below.    I used the left hand side vertical row,  Hot Pink, 4 Patterned Papers & Something that Sparkles.     I matted my pictures in hot pink, plus there is hot pink in one of the patterned papers, the Bro & Sis embellie and my title.    There are actually 5 patterned papers counting my background piece of paper and the something that sparkles is the Thickers title and the background paper the circles all have grey glitter on them and then the striped pattern with the pink in it, the gold/tan strip is sparkled and also every 3 little square in he paper is covered in glitter.   Check out all the details for the challenge HERE and pick your row to work with.


My 3rd challenge I'll enter my layout at is the one in the yahoo scrapbooking group that I am in.   We have a challenge going on to make a layout using Black and White pictures.
These are studio pictures of my brother and myself.   I'm not 100% sure on the dates but I'm guessing by looking they are from 1957 when I was 6 and my brother was 3.

14 comments:

  1. Your layout is so pretty...I love the photos and those patterned papers are perfect! Great take on the sketch! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme! Can't wait to see what you do next!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable page!! LOVE the vintage photos and the way you used the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page warms the heart.
    I love how you used the hot pink, 5 patterned papers, something that sparkles.
    Thanks for playing with us at The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous colouring.. love the pop of pink.. great take on the sketch.. thanks for playing along with Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout and the colour choices combine the bro-sis them, love it.
    Thank you for playing along with us at The Studio Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful and I love LOVE the colors you used. Thanks for using our sketch.
    Eli from Sketches in Thyme

    ReplyDelete
  7. great family page, love the photos!!!Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful photos! Thanks for playing along at The Studio Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great job on the sketch! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layout is so beautiful and love the pictures! Came over from Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful photographs, thank you for participating in The Studio Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE brown & pink together, and I also adore damask, so this page is totally up my alley! Thank you for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great job on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Sketches In Thyme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. great job on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Sketches In Thyme. :)

    ReplyDelete