Friday, June 15, 2018

Then & Now


I don't scrap many pictures of just myself but I wanted to enter the challenge #54 at
"SCRAP CHALLENGE YOURSELF" which was to use a present picture and a childhood picture of yourself.    But first I wanted to wait and find the right sketch to use with it.   Today the newest challenge came out at  "SKETCH N SCRAP"  Sketch #155 was perfect for the pictures I had already picked out.

I wanted to use yellow patterned paper to go with the short set I had on in my Then picture, it was by far my favorite summer outfit for many years.  I wore that till it was all but thread bare.   But then I also wanted to incorporate some blue to go with the blue water from my now picture.  So I tore the edges of the yellow, hopefully to look like little waves on the lake and then backed it with blue patterned paper.   I added the bright blue scalloped card stock and some bling and a yellow flower for the touch of yellow again.    Plus this sketch had me using washi tape that I rarely used.

It was so fun to put these two challenges together and to look back at an old picture of me and document about it.

Here are the links and challenge info.

"SCRAP CHALLENGE YOURSELF"



"SKETCH N SCRAP"


11 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara! Your layout is absolutely fabulous and so fun! I love the yellow hues here and your beautiful take on the sketch, too. And the photos are wonderful!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month! We are all very happy that you did! YAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing Barbara! I love the torn paper and your fun frame!! You did an awesome job with this sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic use of the sketch! I really like how you pulled the colors of your pictures into your design (especially that beautiful yellow!). Your handwritten journaling is a really nice touch, too. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you worked the torned paper on this one. Thank you for entering your creation at Sketch N Scrap.
    Sharon Fontenot -
    higgledypiggledycrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great layout, Barbara! The then and now photos are always so fun and I, too, love the torn paper! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page with lovely colours and pics! Thanks for joining Challenge YOUrself! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout and all that journalling, good pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout. Good job scrapping yourself. Sometimes that's the hardest thing to do. Thanks for joining us at Sketch~N~Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout, love the torn paper! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just Beautiful! -Thanks for joining us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hermoso diseño, los colores que eligió me gustan mucho, su foto es preciosa. Gracias por participar con nosotras en Challenge YOUrself. Besos. Cecilia.-

    ReplyDelete