Tuesday, February 21, 2017

4 Generations



I'm going to enter this layout that is so special to me in 3 different challenges.
This is a picture we took this Sunday while visiting my Dad at his home, along with my daughter and her 3 1/2 week old little girl.   So we had 4 generations together.   Not a lot of people are that blessed to have everyone together, but I'm so glad I am.

I started off being inspired by the Feb. 15th sketch at   "LET'S GET SKETCHY"    I also wanted to the color/photo inspiration challenge #322 at   "LASTING MEMORIES"      Then I knew I could also enter it at  "SCRAPPING 4 FUN"   Challenge #84 - Anything Goes.

So I started looking for papers to use and I pulled out my My Minds Eye collection  'Chalk Studio II'
I haven't used it very much and of course it had great black papers and also this red and white striped paper so was perfect for the photo/color challenge.    I used my cricut to cut the scalloped circle from a solid black sheet with white floral design in upper left and right corners.    I then fussy cut the two chalk white flowers out of what wasn't cut in the corners to use as my embellishments,  Used a sparkly red bling for the centers and also matted on red card stock and fussy cut again.   I matted my picture in red to let it pop more against the black.   A small piece of white card stock to journal on that I inked in red and then used red ink for the date and location of the picture.   White Thickers for my layout and I was finished.

Here are the links for the  challenges.

"LET'S GET SKETCHY"  






12 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Fabulous, Fabulous!! Love the 4 generations!! Such a special and beautiful page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout Barbara and a sweet picture too a precious layout for years to come :) I thought the diecut was perfect for the layout too great creation with that sketch and Thanks for joining us over at Lasting Memories too
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice 4 generations! Really like the shape you chose Barbara! Thanks for joining in at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super nice doily,it looks great. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW what a fantastic LO you made :-))
    Thank you for playing with us at Scrapping4funChallenges. Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout! Thanks for playing along at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love photos like these. Thanks for sharing with us at lasting memories

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout, love the 4 generations picture.
    Congrats with your little granddaughter.
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done! thanks so much for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great die-cut on the background, wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your page. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is super cute! A great way to showcase your 4 generation photo! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete