Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Rangers Game


When my son sent me this picture yesterday afternoon I was so excited because just a few hours earlier I had printed out the Make It Monday Sketch #64 at   "THE MEMORY NEST"  
I knew this would be the picture I would use with the sketch.   It couldn't be anymore perfect, my handsome grandson standing in front of a star for one of the players with the Texas Rangers outside the stadium after he and his Dad went together to Kai's first professional baseball game.

The yahoo scrapping group I'm in also has a challenge this month to have  Red, White & Blue as the prominent colors on your layout.   So I just had to find the papers to use, dark blue in the background and light blue on one of the stars and then two different patterned papers in red for the other two stars.   I inked them in opposite colors of red and blue and then matted them in white card stock and also matted the picture in white.   Red thickers for the title and red candi minis on the corners and my layout was complete.

"THE MEMORY NEST"  has sketch challenges all month, the more you enter the more times your name is put in for the grand prize at the end of the month of a $25 GC from The Memory Nest.
Plus there is going to be weekly prizes too.


5 comments:

  1. That sure did work perfectly Barbara! Great pic and page! Thanks for joining in at The Memory Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This darling photo is perfect for this sketch! I really like the dark background, too! You rocked this sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at TMN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great page! You are right - this sketch was perfect for that photo! Thanks for joining us at The Memory Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, this page is fabulous!! LOVE the stars on that dark background paper!! Love the sparkly title!! And I love how that fabulous picture has a cool star in it!! Thanks for playing with tMN!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone, this was a totally different sketch for me to work with but so glad i gave it a try.

    ReplyDelete