Friday, July 15, 2016

Days to Remember



I am entering this in three challenges.    "CHALLENGE YOURSELF"  and  "ANOTHER FREAKIN SCRAPPY CHALLENGE"  and   "THE PAPER GIRLS CHALLENGE"

I used the  "CHALLENGE YOURSELF"  latest sketch.    Along with using the sketch the prompt was to do a summer theme and of course be sure you are included in the picture.    I had to go back to our family summer road trip last summer.    We drove from central Missouri, through, Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin.   With just lots of mini sightseeing trips along the way, somedays 2 stops other days 6 stops.   We saw a lot of fun places & some out of the way out of the way oddities too.

This picture is from our one stop in the Wisconsin Dells.   The entrance to Witches Gulch was off the beaten path and on a gravel road.  We almost gave up but then saw a little entrance sign.   I'm so glad we saw it because the walk was so beautiful with the bluffs over the walkways and little running water in the creek beds being fed from the Wisconsin River.

I had this wood veneer title for awhile now and I decided it was the right layout to use it on.   I used a green ink pad that I had also used to ink edges of some of my papers, to 'dab' on the wood and give it a little green mossy look to it to go with the moss that was growing all over the bluffs we walked
through.   I did the same thing with my cut out green flower just added more ink on top of the
card stock and then used red ink on the wood veneer center I used.  And I inked the outer edges of
my background paper also.

Then to add more embellishments, I added several various patterned paper punched butterflies
as there were always butterflies flying around the bluffs and walkway so we saw Lots of them
while we walking through Witches Gulch.     Because of that this was the prompt to use
at "ANOTHER FREAKIN SCRAPPY CHALLENGE"   to use Butterflies in your work.

Challenge #108 at  "THE PAPER GIRLS CHALLENGE" is Vacation/Trip/Travel.   Pretty much
my favorite thing to scrap.   We haven't taken a road trip this year.    Which is how we usually take
our vacations.   So I went back to last years trip to make this layout.    I thought I had pretty well made all he layouts I would fro that trip but can always do another.   This was a great vacation.

Check out the details at  "ANOTHER FREAKIN SCRAPPY CHALLENGE" 
you have till the end of the month to enter.

Check out the details at  "CHALLENGE YOURSELF"  you still have until August 4th to enter.

Check out the details at  "THE PAPER GIRLS CHALLENGE" you can enter up to 3 times. I know I will.


14 comments:

  1. What a lovely page Barbara! LOVE your mix of patterned papers, and that chipboard embellie! Thanks for playing along with us at The Challenge YOUrself Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Barbara! I love your title work and the way you used the butterflies. I especially LOVE the photo!!!! You did a fabulous job with this month's sketch and summer theme. Thank you so much for joining us again!!!! We are thrilled that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara this layout is AWESOME! What a cool picture too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a beautiful spot you discovered and your have created a gorgeous layout to remember it by. Thank you for joining in at AFSC
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice take on the challenge. Love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant layout, I love that wood vaneer and the butterflies! Thanks for joining in at Challenge YOUrself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful layout! Love the butterfly and the wood veneer! Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for linking up another of your beautiful layouts to our challenge at The Paper Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page, perfect for our butterfly challenge. Thanks for playing with us at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge. Eli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara, a nice layout, I like using the sketch, decor base paper looks very cute and I love butterflies. Thank you for participating with us in Challenge YOUrself.
    A kiss.
    Cecilia.-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful picture and a special story! Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page! Nice design! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great page, love the take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely page. Thank you for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete