Saturday, February 15, 2014

Special Time


I am so proud of Jason and Susan for taking Koda (Susan's nephew) into their home and raising him.
It's been about 2 years now and I smile every time he calls me Grandma.    This was a selfie
Susan took yesterday at his 1st grand Valentine party.  I guess each grade has a theme for a party as this theme Fairy Tale Ball was the same theme Kai had last year when he was in 1st grade.   Prince Koda had a wonderful time and I have more pics to scrap of the party plus pics of Kai and his 2nd grade Sock Hop themed party.   But I chose this pic for the first one to scrap.   I love their smiles.
I used this awesome sketch at  "Stucksketches.blogspot.com" to use as it was has some nice touches but really let the photo be spotlighted.      Here is the sketch.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Barbara, love the colour combo and that is a great pic! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bold earthy color combo, they really make the photo pop. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! thank you for sharing your lovely page with us over at stuck?! and playing along :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout! I love the sketch and you're right, the photo is wonderful and completely the star! You did a great job following the sketch and picking such perfect papers for your page! What a great story to document! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo and I love the colors you've used on this lo. love the striped paper and the pp for the background.
    Thank you for playing with us at Stuck?!.

    ReplyDelete