Wednesday, February 5, 2014

2-4-14 Snow Storm


Kansas City got hit with the big snow storm yesterday.  Started snowing hard by 9 am and stopped around midnight.   Never stopped all day long.    In our neighborhood, north of the river, we got approximately  11 1/2" of snow.   But the real problem was how windy it was all day and night, there were drifts on our front porch about 3 feet deep.    I couldn't push the front door open this morning more than 6" just enough to stick my arm out and try to snap a couple of pictures that way.
We bundled up and went out through the garage and Arthur used the snow blower to clear the driveway and I used the snow shovel to clear the front porch of the snow and drifting, but first I had to get some pictures because I knew I would want to make layouts of the snowfall.    One challenge
I knew I would enter while taking these pictures was "Lasting Memories" challenge #176 - 'Will You See Your Shadow'.      The challenge was to make a winter or spring layout.    As much as I would love to see spring, as you can see we are still in the midst of winter.     You can check it out  HERE
Then this morning while checking out other challenges I saw this double page sketch at "Let's Scrap"
I knew it would be perfect to use and be able to scrap a lot of snow pictures.   I had a lot of fun finding the papers I wanted to use with this and do a little bit of different edging around the center paper.    You can check out this sketch from Lasting Memories    HERE
I got to also enter this layout in one more challenge and that is the one at Frosted Designs from January 31st, called Winter Blues.   I used the picture inspiration of the blues in the colors and also all the pictures of winter snow.   Well this fit perfect for the 10" of snow we got 2-4-14.    You can check out this challenge   HERE

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout! I adore the snowman paper and it's awesome that you got so many picture of your incredible snow fall! It's so good you were able to get out your garage door! I guess that's another reason to have different doors for our homes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a bit of snow. Wishing you warm thoughts and thanks for joining us here at lasting memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fantastic double, Barb! Thank you for sharing with us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic two page spread! Wonderful colors!
    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great 2 pager! Nice balance. Wow thats a lot of snow. Thanks for joining us at lasting memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and a lot of snow! Love that you did a 2 page layout. Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete