Wednesday, February 12, 2014

So Pretty

 I haven't scrapped in a couple of days when is unusual for me.   But I'm back and now looking at my blog it seems the last layout I did was the Let's Get Sketchy Wk 1 sketch and now I'm back using the Week 2 sketch there.      I had to rotate the sketch because the picture I wanted to use was a vertical picture.     This is my granddaughter Avery and I just think she looks so pretty in this photo, so made my title rather obvious.   When looking for what papers to use I found that I have a few sheets left of the Basic Grey - Oliver collection and it really tied into all the pictures in the photo.   I even found one lone butterfly in my stash that colors worked too.    For the doilies I just cut one small one in half and then rubbed my Tim Holtz distress ink Shabby Shutters color over them and had the soft green color I was looking for (not sure why they look more yellow in the picture) but it is a soft shade of green.      This was a fun sketch to work with.   The sketch also had some banners on it, but I skipped that part.   You can check it out    HERE

12 comments:

  1. This is darling, love the doilies!Thanks for joining us @ LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't she the cutest!!!! This is so pretty! Awesome job using the sketch. I love your doilies! Thanks so much for joining us again at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super gorgeous! Great take on the sketch . Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Let's get sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute layout! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! So pretty. Great use of patterns too! Glad you were inspired by the sketch at LGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pic and page. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout is so pretty just like your title! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how the sketch looks when it is turned...great job! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhhh what a lil cutie!!!!! love the color mix!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhhh what a lil cutie!!!!! love the color mix!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That photo is adorable! Love the earthy colours. Thanks for playing at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete