Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Molly Brown



Mom and Dad had lost their long time dog McKeever about two years prior to this Christmas, circa 1992 at my best guess.  They had always had beagles so when we saw an ad for beagles for sale we decided to get one for them for Christmas.   They were so excited.   We carried her out in a basket with a red bow around her neck.   (I so wish I could find that picture)     They named her Molly Brown (like the Unsinkable Molly Brown, that was on the Titanic) and Molly B was their beloved pet for over 10 years.    I kept this layout simple with no embellishments.   I don't have that many pics of my Mom and I just love this one so didn't want anything pulling from the pictures, plus the pic of puppy Molly B sitting there is precious so I let the pictures shine.

I used the sketch for Make it Monday #39 at "The Memory Nest"  as it was perfect and didn't show a lot of embellishments.      Here is the sketch I used and you can see all the details   HERE    You still have a little over 19 days to enter this challenge.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so with you about the photos needing to be the main focal point of a page. Great memories captured on your page. Thanks for sharing at The Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara! That is so heartfelt, and a nice LO too! Thanks for sharing at THE EMEMORY NEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, what a great layout to honor such special photos. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with tMN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the sketch and such a sweet layout. Thanks for joining us at the Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete