Friday, August 30, 2013

First DT layout --- Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges





I am so excited to say that I am on my first Design Team for a new scrapbook challenge site.



 http://www.scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com



The site went live today with our first challenge.      The first challenge was a color challenge with a recipe challenge included in it.  I used all the colors in my layout and the recipe was to use:

Flowers,   mist or ink, title, journaling and dry embossing.

This was probably the very first layout I've ever made using only cardstock.   Didn't plan to do it that way, but just started by pulling out cardstock in all the colors in the combo so I could just find a starting point for maybe the background of the layout, but the I started working with it and like the look of only the card stock.   With the exception of the center strip,  the white is a wide ribbon and the light green is a strip of paper ribbon on top of it.     I had tried to mist on the light blue and just wasn't showing up so I just pulled out a blue ink pad and added some ink.   The dark blue triangle I used a Fiskars texture plate and hand rubbed the texture on it.     Then just added my flowers and did faux stitching around everything and my first Design Team project was complete.     So much fun.   Hope to see a lot of you joining this fun and new challenge site.

7 comments:

  1. Great layout, Barbara! I am going to pull some papers for this challenge today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Barbara! Awesome layout! I will have to check the site out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI, the link in your post may be incorrect. It tells me it doesn't exist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone.
    Yes Debbie I did make a mistake should be plural challenges.

    http://www.scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely LO, Barbara! Like what you did with the faux stitching.
    Hugs
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete