Sunday, December 6, 2020

Christmas 1951

 


While we were cleaning out my Dad and Mom's house we found some old slides that were there from the "olden days"   This was at my maternal grandparents house and my first Christmas in 1951.   I was 8 1/2 months old.   I was so happy to find this slide and convert it into a picture.   I keep all my Christmas layouts in chronological order starting back in 1951 with the photo Christmas card my parents sent out that year with the 3 of us.   I now have 6 full 3D binders full of Christmas layouts up to date.   But I also discovered I get to go back to 1947 as I also found a photo of my Mom and Grandmother from that year.

I'm missing some Christmas during my teen years that I haven't found pictures for yet, but there are still more to go through at Mom and Dads house.

I'm one of the Guest Designers this month at  "LASTING MEMORIES"  and this layout is for the December 6th 'Word Play Challenge'     Your challenge is to use a scrappy item, theme, or technique for every letter in the words  "LIGHTS"     Here is what I did.

L = Layers (It triple matted my photo) 

I =  Ink (I inked white mat on photo and my journaling square), Imaginesc background paper and Icicles on the tree in the photo

G = Green, Gold and Glitter (on some of the papers at the top)

H = Holiday theme and Holly

T = Tree and Two Tags

S = Sticker (my tree embellishments), Snowflake and Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment