Monday, October 26, 2015

Powell Garden



It took me practically the entire month since it was announced but I finally got the right pictures together to make my layout for  the SCRAPTOBER FEST.     At this challenge you can make your project to cover just one of the challenges or up to all four that are in the challenge.   BUT, if you enter all three with your layout, then you qualify for a bonus prize drawing, who doesn't like that.
The bonus prize is a $40 GC from one of the sponsors or two $20 GC from two of the sponsors.

Whew, I just made it and got to enter with all 4 challenges with this layout.   My problem was always coming up with scrapping myself.  But this weekend we went out to Powell Gardens outside of Kansas City and took a lovely afternoon fall walk around the area.

Here are all the challenges included in SCRAPTOBER FEST,  you can just click on each link to get complete details on each of the blog.   More info than I have here.

"CHALLENGE YOURSELF"  --- easy peasy, just include a photo of yourself on your layout.
Well wasn't so easy peasy for me, because that was the hold up of finding a couple of pictures I liked of myself and yes I wear glasses but a lot of times take them off for a picture so you got me both ways on this layout, from pictures probably taken a minute apart.   LOL
The prize here is a $20 GC from "The ScrapRoom"

"SCRAP OUR STASH" --- easy peasy again, just use a least 2 different pieces of washi tape on your layout.  I have the wide polka dot piece behind the pictures and then another strip with potty people on them across that strip.   I liked this challenge because without it I usually forget all about it and don't use it enough, but it is a great thing to add to your layouts.   The prize here is a $25 GC for "The Cut Shoppe"

"MY SCRAPS & MORE"  --- this challenge is a color challenge.    I have the color swap below.  I got lucky, I pulled out 4 different collections to look through and then found all the colors in papers from the Amy Tangerine - Finders Keepers collection.   Don't ask my why my wide washi tape looks red in this picture because in reality is a lot closer to the hot pink in the color swap, but its ok I have the color covered in my papers and matting.


"THE MEMORY NEST"  is the 4th part of the complete challenge and they provided the sketch that I used.   I love this sketch and will probably use it again, as it is a great two picture sketch with many ways to go with it.   I switched it up some with the washi tape strips and the flower embellishments.    Here is the sketch.    The prize here is a $20 GC from "The Memory Nest"

 

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous page!! LOVE the background and your mix of patterned papers!! Great picture too. Thank you for playing along with the Scraptober Fest and using tmn's sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mix of papers to showcase your photos and fab roses to pick up on the theme of your page. Thanks for using the sketch from The Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout . . . I love the photos of YOU! You incorporated all four challenges beautifully onto your page! Thank you so much for joining us for Scraptober Fest this month and for linking your page to Challenge YOUrself and Scrap our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page and take on all (4) challenges! Thank you so much for playing along with Scrap Our Stash as well as the other (3) ScraptoberFest challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful layout Barbara. Love the rolled flowers.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on the challenges! Thank you so much for playing along with ScraptoberFest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a awesome page. Love the details for all 4 challenges. Thanks for your entry in our ScraptoberFest challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loe it when folks mix patterns so bravo for mixing stripes and polka dots! Glad you found some pics of YOUrself; it means though that you gotta be in them MORE! Kate (CY)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh very nice - this has such a classic well designed look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the challenges! Thank you for participating with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super F A B Layout! Love those flowers!! Thanks for playing along with all of the Scraptoberfest Challenges ~ Sherri, DT The Memory Nest, Challenge YOUrself, and Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome take on all four challenges. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash for Scraptoberfest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely LO! Great job with all the challenges! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete