Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A Fall - Thanksgiving card



When I finished my first card I made this morning using the "MOJO MONDAY" sketch #422 I kept it out on my desk because I knew I wanted to use it again.  So here I am using it again.

Another one of the November card challenges in my yahoo scrapping group is to use a fabric or burlap or lace on a card.    I knew I had burlap up in the closet left from runners for my daughters wedding, that I've been using bit by bit of the leftover.   So when i sat back down this afternoon to possibly work on a layout I saw the sketch again and thought it would be perfect to use with burlap.

I am also going to include the challenge at "SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS"  challenge which is FALL, and what that means to you.   To me the biggest part of Fall is Thanksgiving.    And I will be sending cards to all of my family as I do every year even though we all get together for Thanksgiving I still send out cards ahead of time.

My other challenge entry for this card is at "PAPER ISSUES"  for their "Let Me Espresso My Gratitude"  there are 3 ways to enter.     I used the first one.   I'm grateful to have a lot of my family together for this upcoming Thanksgiving but together or not, they will all get Thanksgiving cards from me in the mail before the holiday and this one is probably going to my granddaughter in Dallas.
  • Show us your Thanksgiving projects and tell us what you are thankful for.
  • Share a project about coffee. Is coffee your favorite beverage? How about using a coffee cup embellishment? Get inky and use a coffee-themed stamp or add a coffee stain to your page.
  • Download the Thankful-Watercolor free printable from the Paper Issues store and use one or more of the cards on your project.
I decided to make a Thanksgiving card.   I used a solid cream card stock as my background because I wanted my other patterned papers and the burlap to stand out.   I just inked the edge in orange, then the green patterned paper I also inked in orange, but my pumpkin paper I inked in brown.
The Pilgrim die-cuts I have had for awhile from a swap and thought they would go perfect on this card.

Just go to "MOJO MONDAY" to see all the other cards that have been entered.   You can enter as many as you want before the deadline in 5 days and there is a great verve stamp set as a prize for every 50 entries.

You can click here for "SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS"  for the inspiration from the DT.  You have until midnight Nov. 8th to enter.

You can click here for the challenge at  "PAPER ISSUES"  you have till Dec 6th to enter.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Barbara :) I like your take on the sketch too and the burlap really gives a nice texture to the card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! And how good of you to send Thanksgiving cards to your family even though you get together. Unfortunately this is one holiday that is being forgotten more and more with each passing year! GREAT job on this card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘FALL’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete