Friday, January 10, 2020

Family is my Word for 2020


Family means everything to me.   It always has and always will.  So I chose "Family" as my word of the year because I just want to spend as much time with all of my family, Dad, brother, son, daughter and grandkids this year.   I already have some things planned out for all of us together. I've been fortunate as an adult to take lots of trips with my Dad and family since my Mom passed in 2005. My Dad had been her caregiver for close to 5 years doing everything at home, cleaning, cooking and caring for her non-stop.   So after Mom passed in April 2005 we all missed her a lot but that summer my brother and I decided it was time for Dad to start enjoying things again and get out and go places.   Our first trip was 2 weeks to Sydney, Australia.   We have also gone together to Hawaii along with my husband,  and just the 3 of us and other times all the family have taken many road trips in the US.   A trip to Mt. Rushmore is one Dad requested,  we went to DC to see my daughter 3 different times,  we went to Mackinak Island, Michigan,  we rented a cruiser in Florida and stayed on it for 5 days.   Plus there have been other long trips and just day trips.   Dad turned 96 in June and has been fighting colon cancer for over  almost 4 years so all our trips now are shorter day trips but we still cherish each one.    I made this layout of the day trip we took the day after this Christmas.   With a stop at this restored covered bridge on our way to the town where Dad grew up.

I made this layout with the January  "CHALLENGE YOURSELF"   #73 in mind.    The left side pictures of the three of us at our stop on this day trip and as per the challenge I'm in two of the pictures.    Here are some of the details about it and you can check it out here and play along  "CHALLENGE YOURSELF"



This month's challenge theme is Ali Edwards' One Little Word.  We would like you to create a layout that celebrates your chosen One Little Word for 2020.  If you are new to Ali Edwards' One Little Word concept, you can learn more about it here.

And as always, please remember to include a photo with YOU on your page.

9 comments:

  1. That wood grain background paper - LOVE! Sounds like your family are quite the adventurers. You must have a lot of travel photos to scrap. So cool! Wonderful two-pager of you and your dad. Cherish those memories! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a WONDERFUL OLW for 2020, Barbara! And I love your fun and fabulous 2 page layout. (I need to do more 2-pagers! You have inspired me!!!) Thank you so very much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. We are all very happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Barbara! Family is a great word for this year. Such a great layout. Thanks so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your paper choice here - it works incredibly well with the theme of your layout. Clever use of polaroid chipboard too! And yes, family is EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! I love the woodgrain - it really makes your photos pop. Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a hearthwarming layout Barbara! Love the woodgrain background for this 2 page and your OLW. Thank you for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Family! That's what its all about. Perfect OLW! Love seeing a double page layout. We don't see them often enough anymore. Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barbara, these are meaningful and pretty layouts, especially love your photos and wood themed background. Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful double page! ANd your OLW is just perfect!!! Thanks for joining Challenge YOUrself! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete