Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Summer Vacation


My step-grandson Bryce for the last couple of years has gone out to his Grandparents home in Las Vegas and stayed almost a month and spent time sight seeing and then drove back home to St. Louis with them in their RV to continue their sightseeing and vacation time.
This is pictures of them on a day trip from Vegas to Cornado Beach.
I thought the Make it Monday Sketch #68  at    "THE MEMORY NEST"  was perfect for these pictures.

I used papers from the Carta Bella Beach Day collection for everything but my card stock wave and the double card stock matting on the sun.      I got out my cricut cartridge  'Life's a Beach'  for the sun and my wave border.    I cut the sun at 5 inches and decided just the patterned paper didn't look right against my background paper, so I cut a blue sun at 5.25"  as a mat, but then just didn't like the blue so cut a yellow card stock sun at 5.5" and then put it all together.   I just traced the face cuts on the
sun with a black pen.     That title of Summer Vacation I cut from a strip from the collection and just inked the edges with blue so they would stand out some against the other paper behind the pictures.

Here is the sketch and check out all the details at  "THE MEMORY NEST"   they have had great sketches every week this summer and you have almost a full month left to enter, plus all the July sketches are still open to work with.


2 comments:

  1. This page is fabulous!!!! LOVE your sun and your design!! WOW!! Those waves are such a cool border!! Thanks for playing along with tMN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Love the papers and wave border - they make for a great summer layout! Thanks for playing along with us at The Memory Nest!

    ReplyDelete