Sunday, September 15, 2013

My Nascar Favorite



I'm a big NASCAR fan and having lived in Columbia, MO for 10 years Carl Edwards is my favorite driver.     I met Carl back before Nascar days.   My brother lives in Columbia and was owner of a race team and had 3 cars that ran the SCCA Trans-Am circuit all over US and Canada.   His lead driver Brian Simo won the Championship one year and was alway up in the top 3 the whole time, he raced for Bruce's team  RaceWerX Motorsports.    But back in the day since the shop was in Columbia,  Carl came over and said he would work in the shop and at some of the races for free just for the experience of working with a raceteam.   I'm going to guess this was probably high school days for Carl.
So when he made it into Nascar he had a loyal fan.

With today being the first race for the chase (which as I am typing is still being Red Flagged for a rain delay)  I thought I would make this layout showcasing pictures of Carl after his win last weekend at Richmond.   I'm sure hoping I get to make a 2nd page layout at the end of the season and see Carl is the  2013 Champion.

1 comment:

  1. Love the LO and your story about how you know Carl! Wouldn't it be great to have the story written on a page, too? Best of luck to you (and Carl) this racing season!

    ReplyDelete