Wednesday, February 7, 2018

!st Cake



I printed out the February 1st sketch at  "LET'S SCRAP"  (as soon as it came out on the first but really wasn't sure on what to do with it.    I had been working on making first birthday layouts from my Granddaughters birthday the weekend before.   So I was looking through all the pictures I had on my computer from it and here were so many pictures of her tasting and trying her first cake and first time to try sugar.   So I knew this sketch would work great to use several of the pictures.   My pink tags across the top can be pulled out so they have 6 other small pictures from Elle's first cake tasting experience.    I can't wait to take this one to my daughter for Elle's album (well actually this first birthday is actually starting her 3rd album.  Grandma might have gone a bit overboard on albums that first year.   :)  :)  :)

Here is the sketch and the like to challenge at "LET'S SCRAP"  you have till the 14th to enter and then there will be another sketch on the 15th to try your hand at in February.



I also will be entering my layout in the  "LASTING MEMORIES" Challenge #348 - Color Me Happy Reds and Pinks.   I have several shades of pink in this layout and a little touch or red too.
Here is the link to  "LASTING MEMORIES"  and all the details of the challenge.

LM #381 - Color Me Happy - Reds and Pinks


We are back today with a new challenge for you. Our theme for February is "Color Me Happy" and all of our challenges will be color challenges. This week we are working with reds and pinks.

LM #381 - Color Me Happy - Reds/Pinks - use the colors below as the primary colors on your layout. Blacks, whites, neutrals are all a given.


I also want to enter this layout at  "THE PAPER GIRLS CHALLENGE"  for their challenge #145 for their 6th anniversary.   The challenge is to use 6 of the same thing on your project.   On this layout I have 6 large photos, 6 mini pictures on the 6 tags, in the 6 pockets and 6 pieces of bakers twine tied into bows at the top of the tags.

Since it is our Sixth Anniversary we thought the theme for this Challenge would be the number six. What we want you to do is to use six items of the same thing: ie six flowers, six buttons, six stamps, six gems... The list could go on and on.


I am also entering my layout at  "PAPER ISSUES (FRIENDS AND FANS)" on Facebook.   They have a challenge going on this month called Bigger is Better to use BIG titles on your layout.

10 comments:

  1. Such an adorable layout - love the subject - she is way too cute! Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Let's Scrap!!! Blessings, Jamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cute layout! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you fit so many great photos on this layout! Fantastic job! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely layout. I love the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Let's Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout Barbara...so many adorable photos to remember a first birthday! Hard to believe she is 1 year old already! Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! What a great sketch for this occassion and loads of photos! She is soooooo cute :) Happy to have you playing along with us at Let's Scrap Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such perfect sketch for this layout...and even better that is compliments the Paper Girls challenge too!! Those pictures are just too cute!
    Thank you, again, for participating in our challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute layout! I love it! Thanks for playing at Lasting Memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! This is a perfect layout to showcase such great photos! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!
    Lauren
    Lasting Memories DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout... I'm sure your daughter (and granddaughter) will appreciate all your hard work. Thanks for playing along with Let's Scrap Sketches.

    ReplyDelete