Tuesday, September 21, 2021

On A Walk

 


This my brother with me in these pictures.   He had back surgery toward the end of August and after the first week  we started taking short walks together.   Help him exercise his back and me just to get some exercise.   

I'm using this for two different challenges.     I picked the pictures for  the "SCRAP CHALLENGE YOURSELF" and then chose the sketch at  "SKETCH N SCRAP" to make my layout.

"SCRAP CHALLENGE YOURSELF"    For the past 20 years I have considered my brother Bruce my best friend.   We have always been close but these last 20 years we have lived in the same town or just an hour or so apart and we have been there for each other through thick and thin.   I could never have a better best friend.


"SKETCH N SCRAP"    This sketch worked out great for my pictures I chose.  I wanted to use the two selfies we took while we were out on our walk and also some scenery pictures too.  So this sketch for four pictures was perfect for me.





13 comments:

  1. Well done on both challenges. I really like the pattern papers you chose. The woodgrain circle and the leafy banner are perfect for the photos you picked to tell your story. So are the tree and the little bird. With this whole covid thing going on, going out for walks in nature can often be just what we need to clear our minds. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! Love the circle, bird and tree! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing design and use of colour. Your photograph placement works so incredibly well too!
    Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Barbara! I absolutely love your gorgeous page and the fact that you chose to scrap about your brother who is your best friend! WOW! What a wonderful layout! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. We are very happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your papers and elements are perfect with your photos. Love it! Thank you for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great take on the sketch and love your accents! Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very green and outdoorsy. I love it! Thanks for joining the challenge at Sketch n Scrap. Dorlene DT SNS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin' your outdoor themed layout, especially the cute embellishments! Absolutely great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Sketch N Scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Barb, this is so beautiful! Absolutely love your photos and the papers you used work so well with your photos. Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute layout Barb! So glad you were able to help your brother recover! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great grid design! Love your take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your layout! The grid pattern in the circle is fabulous. Thank you for sharing with the Challenge YOUrself crew this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layout Barb! Love the photos and perfect papers you use here. Thanks for playing at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete