Monday, March 18, 2019

Land Run 100


My son-in-law Jason and his bicycling friends went from Missouri to Oklahoma over the weekend to participate in the 103.2 mile Land Run 100 competition.   On Saturday they had  the bike race of the full 100 mile course, a 50 mile course and a 50K run.    Jason came in #762 out or 1052 bikers.  

I had a lot of pictures I wanted to use that he had been sending me over the weekend.   So I went
to "SCRAP YOUR STASH"   for March's Pick Your Side Sketch Challenge.     I went right to work
on the right side of the two sketches.     I got it all finished with the race pictures he had sent me and then today I got two more pictures from the end of the race, that the race promoters took for fun for all the racers with this prop out on the course.   So I looked at the left side of the two sketches and decided it would work perfect for these.  I just typed up some of the back story of this race and used it for my journaling along with one of the other pictures they had sent me of the race course on a bandana the riders had received and put that in the middle of the journaling.

The twist besides picking one of the two sides was to also use Washi Tape.  So I used some thin black washi tape with gold diagonal stripes.  On the left side I have a 12" strip running vertically to left of pictures and on the right side the same washi tape running horizontally below the 9 pictures.

Here is the link to the challenge at   "SCRAP YOUR STASH"  and the sketches to choose from or be like me and use them both.


5 comments:

  1. Killer layout and photos! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page design. Love the details and stash us. Great sketch take. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash. Happy Scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go using both sides of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is awesome, Barb! Such great photos and you did a fantastic job with the sketch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrap Our Stash! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the challenge. The colours you chose are perfect for your photos. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete