Friday, May 5, 2017

It's a Big Day


I love the Freaky Fast Friday challenges at "THE SCRAP ROOM BLOG"    I haven't done one in a couple of months but was glad to work on this one.    A lot of cuts this month but I love the outcome. How I usually go about this challenge is to cut the sizes for the challenge from a piece of plain white paper and then start laying them around on my desk in different arrangements until I find something
I really like.     I knew I would use a single picture for this one but then I decided it would work well for a 5x7 picture.    So I printed this one of my newest granddaughter ready to head out to her first day of daycare after Mom got to stay home with her the first 3 full months.    She worked up to the morning she went in labor so had the full 3 months afterwards at home.

What is fun is that tomorrow is National Scrapping Day some blogs have already started celebrating and that includes  "SCRAP OUR STASH"  they have a new challenge everyday this weeks that combines a challenge with another blog with their own added twist.   Today was with the Freaky Fast Friday challenge and their addition was to use striped paper.   So that is what I did with 3 of my lengths I cut for the challenge.    I wanted a little brown in my layout to pull the brown on some of the letters on the biggest piece of paper, because my other two patterned papers I used pulled colors from the letters too.    So anyway that is what I used for my stripped paper was the brown.

You can click on the links above for both challenges.






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable layout and great job with the FFF challenge and combining it with the SOS NSD Challenge! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrap Our Stash as well as The ScrapRoom! Don't forget to upload your layout in The ScrapRoom's Subscribers and Fans Group on FB to be entered into the TSR prizze drawing: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1463298493721253&type=1

    ReplyDelete