Sunday, July 28, 2019

The Badlands


I'm making a Christmas gift album for my daughter with layouts of all the fun trips we took during her adult life before getting married.   They were mostly trips with me, her grandfather and her uncle
and my husband.   After my Mom died we took Dad on a lot of trips as he had been moms 24/7 caregiver for the last 7 years.    This trip was in October 2006 a road trip we all took together to South Dakota and the Mount Rushmore area.   Our first big stop was in the Badlands National Park.    I remember this day so well as it was cold and super windy, so we were all bundled up.   I'm really enjoying this project.   I'll have layouts from a trip she took to Australia, this road trip to Mount Rushmore, a road trip to D.C. and trip to London to visit her while she was in school at Oxford and then another road trip to Minnesota where we took many little off the wall side trips.

I'm going to enter this layout in the last challenge for July at   "LASTING MEMORIES"
That is the link above and here is the info about the challenge.

LM #456 - Patriotism - Celebrate Your Country

Hello, everyone! I hope you are having a good weekend and keeping cool - if you're like me and in the middle of this heatwave!

I can't believe that it is already time for our last challenge of the month! Before we get to that, I want to send a big thank you to our guest designers for this month. I have really enjoyed seeing Brenda's and Wendy's creations each and every week. Thank you both for joining us in July!

Now for our last challenge of the month.

Our theme for  July is "Patriotism" and all of our challenges will be patriotic in some way.

LM #456 - Create a layout celebrating your country.

This can be just about anything - a celebration - your favorite place to visit, whatever you love about your country.

No comments:

Post a Comment