Friday, June 9, 2023

The Sign

 


I've been wanting to scrap this picture.    On my brother and my 2nd Route 66 road trip in Illinois for April started in Springfield, IL.    Where we found this alley way of murals as we were walking back to our car after seeing some sights downtown.    We were taking pictures on both side of the alleyway and I saw this one.   I stopped and called Bruce over and standing in front of it I told him to take my picture.   Of course I could tell how he was aiming the camera for the first picture that he was leaving out the words above the mural.   He laughed and then took a couple of pictures including it all.

I'm entering this layout at  "SCRAP CHALLENGE YOURSELF"  for their June challenge #114 for your favorite song.    My Title "The Sign" is the name of a Foo Fighter song.   It's not my favorite song of theirs but the Foo Fighters is by far my favorite band.

I took the picture of my layout outside, sorry about the glare, you can't read "The Sign"  it says.  

"She is my Sister Whom I Cherish"    this is why I got such a kick out of it when I saw it and had to have my brother take the picture.   We do so many road trips together and finding something like this always adds to the fun we are having.



8 comments:

  1. Barbara, your photo is absolutely beautiful - I love it! And I am so happy that our challenge kind of inspired you to make your gorgeous page. It's so cool that you used a Foo Fighter song (your fav band) as the basis for your layout, too! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. Once again a great challenge for the month.

      Delete
  2. This is great! I absolutely love your story behind it. Your layout is beautiful. So colorful and your added details are perfect. Thank you for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really great! I love how the colours from your photograph carry over into your piece. Really great work! Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! When I saw "The Sign", I immediately thought of the Ace of Base song! LOL I'll have to look up the Foo Fighters song. Thanks for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE Everything about this layout - that is one of my favorite Vicki Boutin papers and you used it perfectly! And the story of your brother taking the photo and the words on the mural .... what a perfect capture of a lovely memory!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAbulous photo fabulous layout! Love all the colorful papers matching your colorful picture! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month.

    ReplyDelete