Saturday, January 14, 2017

Photo Op


I'm trying to catch up on some things I wanted to scrap that I was doing with my Dad and my brother.
This is my 3rd layout of some things we did while sight-seeing with Dad on places he had never been.    I took a lot of pictures at the Pompeii exhibit, but decided to just scrap the ones of the 3 of us while there and then include some memorabilia from the exhibit.

I'm going to enter this in two challenges.     I picked my papers with the challenge at  "ANOTHER FREAKING SCRAPPY CHALLENGE".    

 The challenge is..To use the colour grey in your layout! January can be a very dull and grey month for many after the festivities, and those facing the harshest part of winter. Let's celebrate grey and make it beautiful!

.I thought the color  gray kind of went with the color of the ashes of Pompeii after the volcano.

Next I wanted to incorporate the challenge #325 at  "LASTING MEMORIES"    This January stash buster challenge was to "Use those Punches" 
So I got out one of my favorite punches got some more grey paper and punched a border for each page of my double layout.

I added my thickers for the title, a little journaling and then I fussy cut a couple of cameras to use as my embellishments.

Here are the links to both challenges.

"ANOTHER FREAKING SCRAPPY CHALLENGE"

"LASTING MEMORIES"

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Simple but so nice! It is a perfect way to let the photos.
    Eli for AFSC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice punch boarder. So glad you shared it

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful use of the grey criteria and lovely memories documentd. Thank you for joining in at AFSC
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute layout :) Love that punch border too. Thank you for joining us over at Lasting Memories
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this grey layout! So pretty - and that border punch is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete