Sunday, March 20, 2016

A Special Day


When I first saw this Throwback Thursday Sketch #2  at   "SKETCH-N-SCRAP"   I really liked it and knew it would be fun to work with.    But I held it back and didn't use it immediately.

Then a few days later I was shopping at Michaels when they had all their paper stacks on sale
at 50% off and bout the Mambi collection - I love the Life we Live.      When I got home and
really got to look at every sheet I saw that there were a lot that had half the page covered in
words.    Since I work a lot with sketches I always find it hard to use those papers   BUT......
I thought about this throwback Thursday sketch and the look of two half pages of paper as the
background design.      I decided to go for it with this layout.   For the words on this paper I knew
the perfect pictures to use were from my daughters engagement.    It was 3 years ago last month,
in Puerto Rico the day before they left there on a cruise.    I'm sure I've already scrapped most of
the pictures from that trip but I didn't see any reason not to do these two again.    Actually just now
when I finished this layout, I sent here this picture in a text and she wrote back immediately that
she loves it.     By the way, the left side paper was not from the collection but I thought the colors went together well  and then I also cut out the flags from the same paper using the B side and then matting with the other side.

I had to get out my exacto knife to cut around the "T" so it would overlap the picture.    I really like
how that turned out.

I'm also playing along with the Paper Issues online crop this weekend and one of the challenges is
to use, and I quote  "a big ass title"   so I would say this works for that too.  :)

So checke out all the challenges for the month at "SKETCH-N-SCRAP"   and join in all the fun and
extra challenges as they celebrate posting their 100th sketch this month.


2 comments:

Leslie said...

LOVE this page!! fabulous product perfect for the subject!!!

Katty Miranda said...

Awesome take on the sketch! What an exciting moment to document! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)