Thursday, May 10, 2018

SPRING


I went to my Dad's house a couple of weeks ago to go flower shopping with him and then help him plant the flowers.    Before we left I noticed how beautiful the tree in front of his house was so I wanted to get a picture.   Got one good close up and one picture including the house.   This is the house my Mom and Dad had built and we moved into when I was 2 years old.   My Dad who will be 95 next month still lives there.  That means he will have lived there for 65 years  (yes I just told you my age).   Not to many people can stay in there home that long and nowadays there are very few "kids" that can go back home at this age.  The only house I ever knew growing up.

I used the sketch at  "ROCHELLE SPEARS SCRAPBOOKING"  for this layout plus I used the Mood board at  " USE YOUR STUFF"  and the  Theme Challenge at   "THE RUBBER BUGGY"

Here is all the links and information you need about the challenge.

"ROCHELLE SPEARS SCRAPBOOKING"  I loved using this sketch, I love the feel of it.
This will be one of the sketches I will keep to use another time.



"USE YOUR STUFF"  I took inspiration from the Mood Board with the Pink colors, the flowers and then the soft fabric of the dress with the fabric flowers I added to my layout.



"THE RUBBER BUGGY BLOG"    The theme challenge for May was Mothers Day or feminine and to make anything you want.  I think my patterned papers and colors, the pink ric-rak bow on the tag and the scenery in my pictures are all feminine


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout Barbara and such a lovely story to go with it :) shhhh I won't tell anyone your age ;p
    Thank you for joining the Mood Board challenge over at Use Your Stuff
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete