Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thank You


Whimsical Twist is having a challenge about "Gratitude" and you can do any type of project you like.
Check it out   HERE.      I immediately thought of Thanksgiving layouts and how I'll be so grateful to be with all my family for the holidays.   Then I found out thru Sandi, a DT member at Whimsical Twist that a Thank You card would work for the challenge I went right to work on this card.    I plan on taking it with me to TX and leaving it when we leave for my son and daughter-in-law to thank them for hosting everyone for Thanksgiving.     The flower I just got yesterday at the Pink Paislee Warehouse sale,  I got a lot so will be using a lot on cards and layouts and then I stamped the sentiment in what I hoped would be a bold gold color and it just didn't show up well enough on the brown background,  so I got out my bold tip white gel pen and started tracing over the stamped sentiment.   I think it worked out great.

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Barbara....you know how partial I am to polka dots and the flower is just the right embellishment. Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty! I love that flower! Thanks for joining us at the Whimsical Twist Thankful Challenge! Hope to see you again!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty! I like how the sentiment came out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card! The flower is gorgeous and the sentiment turned out great!
    I'm sure that your hosts will appreciate this hand-made thank you!
    Enjoy your trip and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete